Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
Thank you for contributing this thread by masquerading your opinion as fact. You buy CPO cars because you're cheap and don't care about color; others order Individual cars because they want to pay for something they like and enjoy.

Since you insist on quantifying your arguments, the color was actually worth $5K to me, because that was the extra cost of the Individual paint added to the price I paid. The brand new Individual build M3 with 0-5 miles on it, that I get to spec exactly to my personal preferences (try finding a moonroof on the lot, for example), and know that she's all mine and built just for me with every single option I wanted....yes, that's worth the remaining $25K which I paid, gladly, for the pleasure.

Maybe someday you'll experience that joy yourself. But if you don't, please remember, your view of other people's decisions is not a fact, it's simply a worthless opinion. Thanks.
Come on guy. A lot of us bought new decades ago and even within 5 years. FACT is we did what you did, learned from depreciation and moved on. Yes, we lost money and now a lot of us buy CPO cars. In reality it's the smarter move, regardless of what you or I think. You can keep on saying that but a lot of us have already "been there done that" and learned from that.

Not trying to be a dick here but I bought a $90,000 car built by me from the dealer. Now fast forward to 2013 and that car can be had for $40k or less. So what if I had 1 of 100 in that combo/color in 2002. Means nothing today, absolutely nothing.

Now lets get this back on topic and I will not debate what I know or have experienced over and over with my 15 owned cars since 1991.

Good day sir!
Appreciate 0