View Single Post
      12-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #47
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
Thanks! I will go there and ask for Tony from now on. It's closer to my house anyway. I should have known...this was the same SA that told me to drive at 4000 rpm all the time. So, if I get a flat now, I need to be towed somewhere to get a tire? There goes that nice feeling of security.
You could definetly put run-flat tires on your car next time around when you need tires. Some real enthusiasts would never put them on and I am sure on a track they are not as good and potentially not as soft or comfortable but I had a set on my last bimmer and I actually thought they performed better. The more rigid side-walls inherent in a RFT provides very sharp cornering and zero side-wall flex, which is perfect for any spirited (non-super hardcore) driving such as around the city etc.

Especially if you have EDC and a comfort mode or even normal mode, the RFT's will not be any less comfortable.

If you really like the security of the RFT (especially being a woman and getting stranded) than I would just go for a set of RFT next time.

Personally I do not because they are twice as expensive and I go through rear tires like there is no tomorrow. I redline my car every chance I get and accelerate as hard as possible within legal limits every chance so to me its just not cost effective. However I get the sense you are not racing around the city redlining your car!

Lots of great RFT to choose from as well in high performance summer brands. Good year and michelin make some nice high end RFT
Appreciate 0