View Single Post
      08-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #35
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
I drove a Boxster S, Carrera S Cabriolet and the Jaguar F-Type V8 back to back. I did not drive the Cayman because it is a tin-top and I want a rag-top.

The Porsches are hands down better handling. No drama, precise, and clinical.... and to me boring.

Driving the Jaguar F-Type V8 S was an occasion. It bellows, grunts, snorts, and then tries to kill you!! I loved it. The handling was nothing like the Porsche - but I loved it!!

The reliability does not interest me. I have a Range Rover Sport Supercharged that has been faultless in the last 18 months. The Jaguar has the same engine and the ZF transmission is reliable and has been used in other cars.

This car will be a forever car. It's exactly want I want. A 2-seater, rag-top, with a V8. I do not want a folding tin roof. Depreciation will not be relevant. It will not be for sale.
I do like the F Type V8 but opposite to you, I am a hardtop guy so I'd rather have the coupe. It's foggy and cold 80% of the time here in San Francisco. I'd rarely be able to put the top down. I'd also wait for a manual transmission one.

I enjoy my cars on track and in my experience convertibles don't make good track cars. They also don't even pass technical inspection without a roll cage installed.