Malek@MRF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Rhmmm I wouldn't say sways are a waste lol

I've had sways on both my ex E36 and E46 and each time they made a noticeable and welcome improvement. I always find it beneficial to tune the car's tendency to oversteer/understeer to my liking.

Following up on the Eibach bars, I just had a pre-production prototype set installed on my E92 and I'm really looking forward to testing them out this weekend.

I currently have GC camber plates and Eibach springs on stock dampers. Running a square 275 street tire setup. Unlike most I find the car more stable with a staggered 265/285 (all other things equal). I'm comfortable and love getting sideways but I feel I'm leaving a bit of time on the table oversteering too much.

Again it comes down to one's driving style and setup but I don't believe in a one size fits all suspension setup. I plan on dialing down the oversteer to get the car more neutral to my personal liking... which is exactly what the adjustable sways will allow me to do.
Sways are not a waste on E36 and E46 cars as the front suspension design is completely different as these cars are very prone to massive camber roll off, something the front of the E9x does not exhibit nearly as much.

Sway bars on the E9x chassis are not that beneficial, and for those wondering, a stiffer front bar will REDUCE the front end grip. It may feel like it is handling better due to less roll, but it is false confidence. The stock sways do a great job. Camber plates, higher spring rates and wider rubber up front does a much better job on this car than a larger sway bar does. As someone else mentioned, the new bar should only be used to fine tune the chassis dynamics when everything else has been dialed in a bit better. If reducing body roll for auto cross type events is desired, then a thicker sway bar will help with this to an extent, but it can also reduce mechanical grip at the limit.
Appreciate 0