View Single Post
      06-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #68
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog View Post
I have been looking into these dampers but there are very few people running them so I have not been able to get a lot of information. Still have not been able to determine if my Volk TE 37s 9.5x18" et 28 wheels will clear the strut with the 5000 series which seems better suited for this heavy car. I run 275 tires up front. I could use a spacer, but I'm not sure it will work even with the spacer. And though I only started going to the track 3 years ago I go whenever I can so more than 6-8 events/year.

I would like to see photo of these shocks with the sleeves needed to use it with our cars as the e9xM3 version is no longer available. My other issue is trying to put together the right spring rate etc as it would seem to be guesswork for someone with as little experience in this area as I have.

Having said this I am still interested as my friend has these on his 330 and he is scary fast in that car and loves them. They are the 3rd or 4th suspension he has tried on the car.

I do wonder how these would compare to the KW Clubsport where the integrated kit seems to take a lot of the guesswork out of the equation.
The AST 5000 series does not increase the overall diameter of the strut housing so you are not taking away valuable room for your wide wheels and tires.

We have done all the calculations and track testing. 450-500 front and 800 rear is a good starting rate, depends on your driving style, track, tires and other factors you may have to make some adjustments.

We just received our AST 4200 for the project 1M and hope to take some photos and post them soon.

Here is a photo of the AST 4100 with the sleeves. AST 5100 will have similar sleeves.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0