CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
It can be really different - if you know the Mosport track, MDM always flashes like crazy for me in Turn 2 after 2nd apex (fast downhill sweeper). With it off I just drift a bit more out towards curb - not even rotation - so pretty pointless intervention. In contrast, in Turn 5B (hairpin exit) it allows decent rotation without intervening and sometimes stops it without blinking. It seems to me that it allows much more slip at lower speeds or has it's own weird logic.

Anyway, I'm still happy it's there.
I see what you mean. I have experienced the same thing at Tremblant. In Turns 1 and 2 that are fast downhill uphill downhill sweepers, the DSC light flickers pretty much non-stop in MDM mode. However I do feel that the car is holding back on power, I don't seem to have as much control with my right foot. With DSC off I feel I can better position the car on a more precise line by modulating the throttle.

BTW, it has been quite a few years since I have driven Mosport. Great track! Gotta love that Turn 2! We are planning to go there this September. Looking forward to it .
Appreciate 0