09-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #49
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
I've owned/own both cars. 3yrs on the E90M3 and 1yr now with the 1M.

My exhaust comment was reflecting my dislike for the the stock 1M exhaust more than anything else, whereas the stock M3 sounds excellent in stock form.

My numbers are FACTS and my comparison was done using C&D as well. Not some stupid street racing kill story like some are using for their talking points in this thread. But my comparison was more apple2apple, meaning 6MT on both. I think you'll find those numbers to be far more similar. Anyone shopping for DCT obviously cant cross-shop with a 1M so that comparison is moot. No doubt the DCT is faster than 6MT, regardless of whether you are comparing it to an M3 or 1M. This is not a DCT vs 6MT thread tho.

My whole point is the juvenile trash talk is silly considering how close the performance is. Silly considering most who have such strong opinions on the matter have never seen a 1M let alone drive one seriously enough to make an assessment on the car. That's all. I imagine this thread will see the locked icon soon. I've said my Peace.
I understand the gist of your point, and for the most part I agree. No worries

Yes, the debate of the 6MT vs DCT is separate debate for sure, but again, you just can't throw comments like "...they are identical..." when this is not quite correct even for manual numbers.

Again, plenty of track time with the manual M3 (ZCP Manual), and Gpro times still match the times out there for manual M3's:
0–60 mph: 4.1 sec (my times were closer to 4.2-.3)
¼-mile: 12.6 sec @ 113 mph
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-of-horsepower

not vastly faster, but not identical either...let's be fair, that's all.

I'm not sure, however, why you are so defensive, and feel the need post comments such as:
"...My numbers are FACTS and my comparison was done using C&D as well. Not some stupid street racing kill story..."
or
"... I imagine this thread will see the locked icon soon. I've said my Peace..."

We outta be able to have a respectful and amicable conversation about these cars without getting so defensive or throwing indirects here and there. Both great cars, both similar performance overall (manual of course), and both have their pros and cons...simple as that.

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0