View Single Post
      06-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #32
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
I would recommend going to see 35% in person; a lot of shops will attach just a square of the tint onto your window as a demo so you can get a feel for it. Photos can be deceiving and a lot depends on the amount of ambient light, the color of your interior, etc. That said, if you like the look of something as dark as 20, 35 may indeed be too light under any circumstances.

- They just want to be honest, law-abiding businesses, even if that means turning down business from people who want them to do something illegal. I don't understand why so few people seem to think that's a sufficiently good reason by itself anymore.

I've never had issues with CA or my fob in general with the F1 Pinnacle.
Thanks. I do completely understand the issue with legality. Last time I had a car tinted was in the 90's, in Seattle. At that time, frequent cop shootings were a lot more rare and nobody cared if your windows were too dark to see through.

I did have problems getting my car inspected in NC, where shops are supposed to use a tint meter. It took getting to know a shop well and giving them business with several of my cars. After that they'd pass me.

However, I've been pulled over with that car many, many more times than I can count and not once did a cop mention the tint.

I do know that the other shop I looked at, that would use Wincos, will drop down to 20%. I'll just have to go to the Pinnacle shop and see how 35% looks.
Appreciate 0