CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
I agree, the breakdown seems to be off on the last run. I do believe in my 11.90 time nonetheless. I knew right away it was my best run long before receiving my slip, I had no tire spin and it felt awesome. I didn't have my left foot on the brake, so who knows maybe I rolled a few inches. My best run is at the very end of the video, filmed from the grand stand.

I think there could be discrepancy between the way track measures things and my own GPS logger. Here are logger shots (in order) from run 1 (4.74) and run 2 (5.52) for comparison. And my best 4 second 0-60 from "the street"

My plan is to go again in the near future and get more than 3 runs in a day and see what I can do trying different things. One thing I promise - my slips or data loggers are not photoshoped Just shearing with the community.
What I mean by a roll is starting behind the starting line. When the christmas tree turns green, you have already travelled some distance and gained some speed before tripping the start timing lights. So you enter the 1/4 mile with x mph instead of zero mph. You then carry some of that extra speed across the 1/4 mile. It does not take much roll to make a significant difference.

Further, even your best 0-60 on the street does correlate to you 11.9 run. 0.8 seconds to travel 142 feet is 120mph (should be in the 60-70mph range).

Last edited by CanAutM3; 02-15-2013 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0