View Single Post
      12-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
ucla bruin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: daily moped

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkyplaynazn View Post
I posted this over at the General Forum...but specifically want some answers from guys who track their 6MT or DCT cars for some perspective.

Without making this a 6MT vs DCT thread please respond to these questions:
-How many 6MT guys track vs DCT guys who track?
-For 6MT guys that track would the prefer DCT or does driver skill make it a wash?
-I don't have any experience tracking a MT car. Given the known small issue of the 1-2 shift which shouldn't really matter on a trackday anyway. What gear changes are most common for the track day guys? My last few track days with my DCT most of my gear changes seem to be just 3-4 and 4-3 with only occasional changes up to 5th.

Original Thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628737
6MT.

I don't think I'd have the same amount of fun tracking a DCT but that is purely personal preference. DCT probably faster because less time spend in gear change (not accel), less attention needed for gear selection, shifting, and keeping the car balanced (which I think is a big difference between tracking 6MT and DCT, keeping the balance).

Gear selection depends on the track I think. Coming off of a 130 straight, into a 30-40mph left hand, probably 5-4-3 or 6-5-4-3.
Appreciate 0