View Single Post
      12-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #180
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Swamp,

One of the things I like about you is you are always good to reply to people's posts, even if it isn't fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Keep on misquoting, misrepresenting as well as misunderstanding me. Your false beliefs of my opinions on the M3 and on the M3 "vs." the GT-R are simply in 100% contradiction with my stated position (again stated over and over and over). I hope these things give you some comfort and security because all they do otherwise is detract for your reputation and your desired position/status.
Don't you think it is a bit difficult to misquote you when I cut and paste your very own quotes? You are the one who worries about your ridiculous "status" on an internet forum, not me.

Quote:
My reply to your endless future replies to this will simply be to reread my post #165 over and over again until you get it and accept it.
Listen to yourself, could you be just a bit more narcissistic? The only person I have ever know who is never wrong is Swamp, what a burden it must be.

Quote:
Oh and having your own position/argument/evidence on this topic wouldn't be a bad idea either (suggested previously as well...). Otherwise you simply have the luxury of sitting on the sidelines poking me like the silent little kid mentioned above. It is time to take a stand on the actual point of discussion rather than endlessly obsessing and talking about the discussion itself and an contributor of content to the discussion. Ruff, Mr. Meta-discussion is more like it.
The very reason you are arguing with me is because I did state in my original post on this thread that IMO, BMW was resting on it's Motor Sport laurels and the GT-Rs incredible price to supercar performance caught M on an extended Siesta.

My opinion didn't fly with your fantasy that the M3 outperforms everything in it's class for the money, unlike my thread on the M3 being a better performer, C2S without an LSD, which, surprise surprise, you thought was a great thread on my part. Although I am sure you also believe the M3 is also a better performer than a C2S with a LSD per your belief that the M3 is the best perfoming car for the money.

If I am lucky enough that my opinion happens to fit into your M3 performance fantasy world, there is never an argument between us now is there? Infact, I would be getting that a boys from you. This GT-R must really be causing you some dissonance and heartache. 0-60 in 3.3 and not on ideal surfaces. No more, at least logically, hanging your hat on the M3 being the performance/price choice. So now, as expected, you back track and say price to performance is not the most important thing....oh ya, so now what is the most important thing...back seats or in reality is it really the fancy German Marque and accompanying status and street cred? What else could it be? Performance, obviously is not your first prioty, as you always state, because if it was, there are now better choices than the M3 don't you think?

Now if you would of just said, you just like M3's the best, that would of be fine. However, to see you go on and on the past few years about the M3's performance advantage vs the competition and how price to performance is what sets it apart from the competition; then just as quickly about face and try to discredit the GT-R in every which way, looks a bit disingenuous don't you think?

Would you still like more of my opinions on the GT-R vs M3 in regards to price/performance?

If I were a betting man, I would guess you will respond to this, even though you claim you will not. Venture to guess your ego and "status" will not be able to let this go. However, I could be wrong and have been wrong many times over, something you apparently have never had the fortune or misfortune to experience.
Appreciate 0