View Single Post
      12-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
IHB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 m3 le mans blue

Oem - akraevo - oem performance

Well I bought my LMB 2011 e90 m3 in November of 2010. No mods, no comp package...nothing.
I started reading this post in January of \'11.
Since then I\'ve installed dinan software, dinan air intake, dinan peddles, oem cf splitters, oem cf side mirrors, oem cf spoiler, oem black grill, ind reflector deletes and the silver 359 19\' wheels. But the big plunge I took after reading this post for a few months was installing the akrapovic evo exhaust system.
I had my dealer install it for me and before I picked up my car he wrote me in an email how the techs were loving it and what a sweet mod it was going to be. I couldn\'t wait.
Well I got it and I have to say I was a little startled. It was quite a bit louder than I thought it was going to be, the tips are huge and at least on an e90 they stick way out. I tried to tell myself and everybody else I liked it. Another thing I hadn\'t bargained for was the amount of raw exhaust smoke that pumps out of it. I thought that maybe this exhaust was an acquired taste and someday I would love it.
I go to the track once a year but my car is a daily driver and I think the constant vibration is what really drove me to admit to myself that this exhaust wasn\'t for me. Our house rattled like a train was going by whenever I started it and whenever I was sitting somewhere waiting for someone or whatever I always turned the car off because of the vibration.

My car is now at the dealer having the akrapovic removed and is being replaced by the oem performance exhaust. I know it\'s not a favorite exhaust on this post and I loose all the added torque and hp that akrapovic gave me but I\'m starting to realize that oem is why I bought this car and getting back to oem is what I\'m the most comfortable with.

If anyone is curious what my car looks like with the performance exhaust let me know and I\'ll post some pics when I get it back.
If you wanna see what my car looks like with the akrapovic just look up my past postings.

Thanks and be nice.
Appreciate 0