11-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
VIR Grand Course 13NOV12

Day started out shitty, but by noon everything dried up and we were able to get some decent laps in. The track was very green and portions were unbelievably slippery. Places where you expect grip had none, had to take the climbing esses much slower especially turn 9. It was great fun and I had my wife riding with me so she finally got to experience a track stateside in the dry (she rode with me 2 wks prior with Chin also but Sandy was taking a dump on us). The last time she rode with me at speed was on the Ring back in 2009. Her assessment is that she enjoyed riding with me on the Ring more and that it felt much scarier there, well, no shit right? Anyway, first time driving the Grand Course. Watched the ZL1 video a week earlier and memorized the Patriot course. Too easy and I must admit, it is almost more fun in there than running VIR Full. I’ll definitely sign up for as many grand course events as I can!

Here’s the fastest lap of the day, 3:08 with the corner worker at 4 waving the red/yellow flag. Cost me a ton of time and knocked me off my rhythm all the way up the climbing esses. Turned out it was for this furry looking thing sitting on the side of turn 5, WTF? I believe a lap under 3 minutes is easily doable with my car under better conditions.
Appreciate 0