ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX View Post
Sorry to stray from your topic, but now seeing as you have a 2011 model year, I thought the bearing tolerances were adjusted somewhere around 2011 to a slightly larger gap? there was a rather large thread here but its been a long time since I've looked at those posts so please forgive me if I'm incorrect. BMW also switched somewhere around 2011 to a new bearing metal moving away from the lead to some other metal so the lead traces in the oil reports are no longer valid for bearing wear. I don't recall what the new metal was.

That said if I remember correctly there was a fellow who posted on youtube his own video of a 2011(?) with a blown motor while he was racing some lexus. the posts went around here for a while. I believe he paid some amount of cash price out of pocket for a new engine for some reason. I really don't remember the full details. Does anyone else have more info on this?
Regards,
X
I must have the newer (non-lead) bearings. When I had my oil checked last year, there was almost no lead at all. I take my car in for its last service next week so I will do another Blackstone test to see if anything has changed.