04-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #1931
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Went for the week in 2011. It was much like being at the Ryder cup at Medinah, a fantastic experience, but don't know that I would want to go back with regularity. The experience was amazing, would highly recommend it, but just too many people all trying to see too few things since everybody tries to follow the bigger names. I found myself walking the course and seeing everything earlier in the week during the practice rounds, and then just posting up on Amen Corner during the week.
That more or less mirrors what I’ve heard from others who have attended-very much so worth doing once-unsure if it’s worth it to make it an annual trip. Amen Corner is not the worst place in the world to find yourself on a mid April day in Georgia though. I wasn’t able to watch a single minute of coverage yesterday due to work, bummer. I gotta think Sergio falls back to the rest of the pack today, but from what I read it sounded like the course was pretty tame. I’m sure it’ll dry out over the weekend and put a hurting on people come Sunday.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0