01-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33176 View Post
On the other hand, I did win one of the rides in the LFA with Scott Pruett. I can say this, HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That car is AMAZING, the engine note sounds incredible when it revs up to 9K. We did 1 Hot lap on the oval and one on the road course. We hit 172 MPH before he hit the brakes going into turn one. The Carbon Ceramic Brakes would have thrown me thru the windshiled if it wasn't for the seat belts. Fantastic car but, worth $375k, I don't know about that.
It revs from idle to 9500 rpm (yes, rev limit is exactly 9500 rpm) in 0.6 seconds only.

God I love the LF-A sound. Just unbelievably amazing. When I first said LF-A was astonishing on this board, many BMW owners were laughing at me. Lexus has created some of the most sterile and boring cars on earth that no one takes them seriously. I never considered an IS350 when I got my 330 CI despite the IS being only a tad more expensive, but man when the came out with the LF-A, they came out with a Nagasaki sized bang! It backs it up with Nurburgring endurance race wins. It is definitely the best new supercar overall.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0