01-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #137
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild
you have not come up with a SINGLE thing to support your idea that torque alone means greater acceleration except for how you feel, even the above that is the closest you have come to bringing a scientific explanation does to show anything, not only because its invalid as an experiment but because IT DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING, compating the acceleration of 5th gear and first gear CANNOT SHOW ANY DISTINCTION BETWEEN TORQUE OR HORSEPOWERS EFFECT ON ACCELERATION
You continue to be rude and ignorant which I don't appreciate even slightly.

You can't bully people into agreeing with you.

EVERY article on this subject supports my statement that acceleration peaks when wheel torque peaks.

Thats EVERY single one.

I have demonstrated why your argument is flawed. You have not been able to respond to that argument.

I challenge you to post one piece of independant information that says that acceleration peaks at peak hp.

For every one item that you can find to prove this I will find 5 that say it peaks at peak torque.

You keep talking about science - please understand the reason I do not believe you is:

1. You have not explained in any sensible logical way why your synopsis is correct.

2. All of the literature on the subject says that I am right

3. You cannot come up with any independant evidence that you are correct

Now ... I'm still man enough to believe that I could be wrong ... so come on .. prove you are right .. find something which backs up your statement

Oh and BTW the graph I posted was something I knocked up at work. What I wanted to demonstrate was simple .. that acceleration in lower gears was greater than in higher gears.

By behaving in this insulting manner you simply demean yourself.
Appreciate 0