View Single Post
      10-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

535i Loaner. Quick review.

335 is BACK on the lift AGAIN. I asked that they have a demo ready when I dropped of the car. They walked me out to a silver/black 535i with sport/paddles. After I figured how to get the thing in drive, it was still dark out this morning at 7am, I took her for a spin. First impression...way more comfortable seats. The adjustments are better and they are a bit softer. Second plus...the paddles are better designed and are with better materials. The shift feel/click is better to me also. Power is OK. I clicked mpg and it is at 21.6. I like the room in the cabin too. Can an SSTT go in it? If any one knows the answer? I am pretty sure it will not work, but a definite yes or no would be appreciated. I'll bet I am in this thing for a week. Now..after all the good points...I get out at the office walk a bit and turn back to look at the car. Uh...bland is about all I can call it. With some mods I am sure it could be improved. But the canvas is pretty bleak to me. I like the car but it's drab looks are a deal killer for ever getting in one of these. I will enjoy it while I have it. 100 miles a day free.