View Single Post
      09-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #41
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I disagree, I still don't understand how these people lose it in straight lines. it's no more difficult then the basic performance driving skills with lower powered cars. IE if you can kick the tail out predictably and controllable you should be able to handle a high horse car in a straight line with no problem. no retraining,

I think these people somehow ended up in these powerful cars without even basic driving skills and are not prepared for their cars even in a straight line.

I have one of those cars that doesn't have any traction at 80 if you hammer it, and It didn't take any getting used to losing traction at 80, it's just like going around a corner or spinning in a lower gear, you just have to be more delicate and responsive.

Also corvettes and vipers with headers and cams don't have the power to lose traction in straight lines at 80mph unless maybe they have really crappy tires or something.

what i'm getting at is people who have no business driving high HP cars are far from used to a car that spins hard at 60-80mph+.....a little steering input and all of a sudden the rear end will hang out even in a straight line and now they are really screwed.

and yes, ive been in a cam/header Z06 that would spin hard at 80mph......dont know what tire setup he was using.