11-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #455
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
I don't think so. Modding a car heavily damages it's resale value and takes it out of warrany. A low mile 2010 under warranty typically would run 65-70k. This one has also been driven very hard at multiple races/road courses (was used in Onelap America)...again hurting it's resale value. Also, I don't think it's a full alpha9 kit based on the parts. A full alpha9 runs about 23k plus labor. The other mods such as wheels and fenders are pricey, but don't make up for the rest in my mind. Therefore, 65k+23k+wheels, etc. I personally would not buy it given all the track time it's seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Holy snikes, forget Kingleh's car, what about the stock 2010 with 3,800 miles on it, or a host of other new(ish) GT-Rs for sale.... I know why people don't buy heavily modified cars, and modifications don't add value...

Buying a used GT-R you could save anywhere from 15-20k after, especially when you have owners who know how to treat cars like the GT-R, not some teenager doing AWD drifts and donuts in an STI or EVO.

There a number of great deals out there considering many quick turnover owners of the GT-R and owners dumping for 2012 or 2013 GT-Rs. Right now, it's a great market for any GT-R...and you don't take a hit like people do with AMGs do.
Yeah there are some deals to be had. I agree with you Many sell them to upgrade to another GTR, esp. the 2012 and 2013.
Appreciate 0