View Single Post
      11-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #454
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
I didn't mean to "always disagree." I even stated in my earlier post you can find older model gtrs in the 60-70k range. See above. I didn't disagree with you on that matter. Of course there are plenty of used GTRs for 65-75k.

It's just my personal opinion regarding this particular purchase. Most car enthusiasts, including myself, are very selective when it comes to purchases. It has fairly high mileage, heavily tracked and with major mods...hence out of warranty. Given the circumstances, even if you stripped the mods away I would say it would be worth maybe 60k bone stock, at most. Those mods, even if they were like new, would not be worth much more than 30-40k. If you are going by your 25-40% off msrp estimate, even 60k would be too much for this car if it was stock under warranty (80k was msrp on a 2010).
Holy snikes, forget Kingleh's car, what about the stock 2010 with 3,800 miles on it, or a host of other new(ish) GT-Rs for sale.... I know why people don't buy heavily modified cars, and modifications don't add value...

Buying a used GT-R you could save anywhere from 15-20k after the original owner takes the hit, it's a great buy, mostly mature owners who know how to treat cars like the GT-R, not some teenager doing AWD drifts and donuts in an STI or EVO.

There a number of great deals out there considering many quick turnover owners of the GT-R and owners dumping for 2012 or 2013 GT-Rs. Right now, it's a great market for any GT-R...and you don't take a hit like people do with AMGs do.

What would you do, c63amg coupe or a GT-R?

Last edited by Nine; 11-09-2011 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0