11-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #451
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
People are losing their shirts on some of these AMGs (if buying or financing), if leasing, the decision against a GT-R is even more confusing. It's just very hard to understand why the choice of the c63 AMG over a GT-R, ...Any GT-R for that matter, given that he has posted nothing but accolades for the GT-R. I'm not sure I'm with ya on resale, a quick browse on NAGTROC yielded many great offers and opprotunities. Considering how rare the GT-R is there sure is a lot of turnover and swapping. I think Kingleh's Alpha GT-R is even for sale, Alpha GT-R 700whp, I would strongly consider that car if I were in the market, I loved Kingleh's M3 before he sold it...

Given the same options, AMG vs. GT-R, I would be in a 2009, 2010 GT-R or 2011 doesn't matter what it is but 75-85k is better spent on a GT-R.

A little off topic, But I would just love to see how this thread would play out if it were GT-R vs. c63AMG and I posted how the c63amg coupe is a wannabe sports car, and gets punished in everywhere way by a GT-R, just seems odd how supportive he was about the GT-R annihilating the M3, and is garbage in comparison, but the c63amg coupe is where he decided to put his money. Rather odd end to that one...
I don't think so. Modding a car heavily damages it's resale value and takes it out of warrany. A low mile 2010 under warranty typically would run 65-70k. This one has also been driven very hard at multiple races/road courses (was used in Onelap America)...again hurting it's resale value. Also, I don't think it's a full alpha9 kit based on the parts. A full alpha9 runs about 23k plus labor. The other mods such as wheels and fenders are pricey, but don't make up for the rest in my mind. Therefore, 65k+23k+wheels, etc. I personally would not buy it given all the track time it's seen.

Last edited by erio; 11-09-2011 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0