View Single Post
      08-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #98
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuts3 View Post
The comparison from my perspective goes like this: The Porsche 911 is a great car but not very practical for me (I need more than a two seater). The M3 is also a great car but not in the same league as the 911, IMO (especially if next year's 911 is enhanced without a significant increase in price). So, if the M3 ends up pricing out comparably to the C2, for example, I would have to look at other options - IMO, the price value would not be there for the M3; The same goes for the other cars mentioned like the RS4 and C63. My alternative would be to purchase a less performance oriented car but still a great all around daily driver like the 335i for around $50K, or maybe even the S4. Can't beat the looks, handling and performance of these cars for $50k.
A few things - the 911 is actually a 4 seater if you are thinking kids - I fit my son in the back (he is 6) and put myself in my driving position. There was still 3 inches to his legs and I'm 6 feet tall.

Also - don't forget the e46 M3 with the Comp Package. In CPO the car has a warranty though 2012 and it is a far better car than the plain jane 335i. In a few years the 335i will be just another 3 series with wheels that can't fill the rear wells while the M3 will always be an M. Something special. Currently goes for around 45K - 52K so its right on the money.
Appreciate 0