View Single Post
      09-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelrrate View Post
Navigon is $59.99 in the AppStore, Who would pay for that when we do have AppleMaps and GoogleMaps heck, even MapQuest for iOS does VoiveNav. And to get techy but Navigon is heavy and slow app. I know from experience.

I can't justify the $59.99 to use any sort of MAPS while off trail or where I wouldn't have data.. And who cares about pulling data from your plan? Don't you have Unlimited Data?
Because often when driving long distances or away from metro areas, you sometimes have no cell phone reception. This happens a lot in forested and mountainous areas. Also, what happens often in urban areas (like San Francisco) is, there are so many people using their phones that the cell towers get swamped and data will not go through. I see this every day at rush hour when people are browsing their phones on the train/bus. Data connections just do not work at all because the system is swamped with users.

Navigon and other off-line maps will continue to work even if you have no reception. So if you do use navigation a lot and travel outside of populated areas, it's well worth the cost. Last thing you need is to be stranded in the middle of nowhere because your phone has no reception and you can't get directions.