View Single Post
      02-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #22
Bisan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 & 1988 M3

Well I have a good appreciation for the attributes of all of them since I drive them. Trust me picking a favorite is hard but....

The only one thats not at my disposal is the e46 its my cousins, him and his brother are like my brothers and they both have E46 M so I have spent lotsa seat time in them, and I consider it half mine since I maintain it, but it doesn't spend the night in my garage.

E30: Hands down one of my all time favorite cars, its a blast to drive, handles great, but it def for hardcore enthusiasts. The greatest thing about it is, no one notices me in it, not that I am anybody, but you know what I mean. To the public its just a old BMW. The other Ms pull to much attention its not my style.

E36: Its a classic and was way before its time, its nimble, slightly under powered compared to its cousin over the pond, but mine has 500 whp and a 6 speed and is no where near stock it is my favorite out of the bunch because I hate stock. I feel like it lacks some refinement though, you have to love the random odd squeaks and squawks or you won't enjoy the car.

E46: Is a great transition to a much faster out of the box BMW M3, it took over right where the e36 left off, the SMG tranny is fun and versatile yet very comfortable, but still has that high revving M car eagerness, honestly a very fun car on the track feel like its a mix of the 36/92 has attributes from both.

E92: Wow, its as close to supercar without the supercar, its oodles fast, lacks torque but I can't complain because I saw the numbers before I bought it. The only major issue I have with the car is the lack of eagerness. Its like a girl that knows she is hot and has nothing to prove now. It demands respect which I am not find of, I always like the underdog, but she does deserve respect. It has a lot of technology. I got the DCT so even my mom can drive it, because she is a huge BMW fan, and loves the e30 just can't drive it.
I go on small drives/runs with some buddies and there cars: LP640, 997 Turbo, Viper vert, Heffner Turbo R8, and the 92 might not have the top end power as some of them but comparatively speaking I utilize every ounce of my 414 hp unlike the other cars, in a standing quarter some of the are faster but in all around type of terrorize the interstate driving she is right there with them.

Man oh man after seeing that picture I miss all 4 cars, I get to spend 4 weeks with them in April, I'll snap some fresh pics then, the 92 got some upgrades.
Appreciate 0