11-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #52
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Robbing a bank is stupid, too much security and too many witnesses.

You rob the small armored cars that refill ATM machines at the mall. During xmas time, the ones here carry MILLIONS, with only 2 security guards. Think of it this way: each "cassette" in the machine carries 40K in cash, and each machine holds multiple cassettes. Do the math.

Plus, those guys are lightly armed, and most only have revolvers at that.
How do you know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
ambush the truck on a small street. put an EFP in the road, it runs over it, 'disables' the guards and truck, and you can do your worst with the loot.
These guards are probably getting paid around 40-60k salaries tops. I highly doubt they would be willing to lay their life on the line for someone else's money. I'd warn them to just give me the money prior to taking further action. (i.e. brute force)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
You'd either have to be VERY simple, or VERY extravagant.

One end you'd have to have people ready to take the money and have connections to get it safe, get you out of the country, and have the money to float you until they can lander it properly.

Or you would just need to walk in the bank quietly and ask for money via note, with no weapons.

The issue with big robberies is the people are desperate, and don't have outside sources to help them with the money once they get it.
I have a feeling this happens more than we know.
Appreciate 0