View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 06:47 PM   #18
kerriganisland
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurFarmersAgent View Post
Yes...it's true. I went to my local Auto Zone and rented an everyday slide hammer / dent puller tool for $135.00 deposit. Went home and dug around and found a bolt that worked. Bolt size M5-08 in pic.

I put the bolt into the cap, screwed the cap onto the slide hammer, held it up and screwed it into the plug. With minimal effort, a slight drop of the slide hammer popped the plug out. After seeing the plug, I figure it connects the gear that actuates the locks (closest to head liner) up to the gear that is controlled by the electric motor. Pulling the plug disconnected the two. Then you insert the plug back into the hole, just enough to turn the gear with a wrench. You can feel the locks engaging. You can lock, or unlock it in this manner. Doing so, actuates the locking mechanisms between the middle section and front section at the same time.

There is a different area you need to lock the back section with the window down to the car. I'll take photos later so you can see the location on both the driver side and passenger side accessable through the trunk.

So now my top is locked into place.

I haven't figured out why it stopped working, but I can drive it like a regular coup for now.

Please help !

My roof has been in my trunk and doesn’t go up. When I press the top button to bring it up. The trunk opens and the roof doesn’t move an inch. I was thinking it could be a relay or something cheaper than the whole motor for the top. Your post helps me because it will allow me to close my roof than give me access to the trunk to diagnosis those “cheaper problems”. If it is the motor I still think it will come out to be cheaper with the mechanic not having to put up the top himself.

My question to you is do you have more pictures ? When the roof closes does it snap into place?

I need your email lol

I will pay you first this info if I’m annoying you, I just need help
Appreciate 0