08-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #39
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Not really. Simply pointing out the nonsense behind these posts which state the decision between a new 911 and a M3 hinges on some kind of financial rationale. One is significantly more expensive than the other however you look at it. Regardless of a 55k or 65k M3 base price. Period. So if you can afford the 911, your decision to buy a M3, if that's the car you want, cannot be based on finances. You don't seem to be able to get that, and that's fine. I don't care about how you spend the money you do or do not have.

In the context of the broader discussion on the anticipated M3 US pricing on this forum, the reasoning I have outlined, which has also been outlined by others, simply point out that the 911 will never become an alternative to the M3 from a financial perspective--as long as BMW doesn't price it at $75k.
Yeah really. Because my rationale doesn't makes sense to YOU, means that it doesn't make sense.

My decsion is not based soley on the financial dicison. Let me give you an example; if the 911S gets the anticipated 400 HP bump and the M3 comes in at what I consider high, then I will clearly go with the Porsche. Other than that, I will wait and see. My decision process can't be summarized, or catagorized for that matter, into some nice neat box for you to understand.

So, yes, again, you are clearly looking for an arguement. I haven't bashed your almightly fanatasy BMW in the least. I simply questioned it's price.

I wonder who it is that is posing.
Appreciate 0