08-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #29
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I am not concerned with opportunity loss whatsoever. It's just another excuse not to buy what you want. I never said that the 911 would come out on top. Actually, I said that the M would likely be favored.

I fund it rather amusing that you wish to tell me that I am fooling myself or others. Why do I care about fooling anyone. Who cares what car you, I or anyone likes. It's what is important to you that matters.

I, thought, you of all members on this forum had a little more reasoning than some others. You have proven me wrong. If you think I am in denial or attemtping to fool someone, so be it. (Curious, who and what is it I am attemtping to fool?) This stuff doesn't matter. We are talking about our passion for cars.
It's just that I am a bit tired of people making financial arguments for getting the 911 in case the M3 is priced too high, which is what you have been doing. That doesn't make any sense. If someone is blowing that horn, they are just yakking, and I doubt that they are who they claim they are. Fooling in reference to: Do you even own that turbo? Have you ever even driven a 911? and so on...

On the other hand, you are absolutely right about buying what you want. If one can afford it, one should buy the 911 if that's the car he/she enjoys the most. Period. What's all this financial reasoning that doesn't make any sense about? There is no economic rationale whatsoever for buying a new 911 over a M3.
Appreciate 0