08-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #27
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I don't have a problem with paying the extra cash. It's how that cash is retained in the form of residuals and the miles I can drive. If, I knew that the turbo would hold a better value and you could actually drive the car 8-9k annually without losing your shirt, I'd go there in a minute.

Obviously, the initial cost relative to the residual matters, but I believe that these cars will likely depreciate at a similar rate-unlike the E46, each with low mileage usage. I would think that the M will be favored slightly, but probably not enough to change my mind. We should know a lot more in a few months.

Who knows, one drive in the new M and maybe I'll reconsider.
Well, I'm saying the same thing. At the end of, say 2 years, and after selling the car, what is the difference in the net overall cost or net cost/mile, including depreciation, loss opportunity on return on investment, and maintanence. There is absolutely no way the 911 is going to come on top. They won't even be close by any measure. If I got your reasoning right, and if you think otherwise, I'd say you are either fooling us or yourself.
Appreciate 0