08-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #24
mullrat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Good question.

I am strongly considering another turbo or turbo cab, if the 400 hp bump never happens. I am lucky to be able to afford it. I just have to have all of the data available before I move forward.

I do realize why you would think like you do regarding my decisions. They may be unusual, but the reasoning works for me. I feel that the M3 is a great driver's car. One of the major reasons why I decided to consider returning to the M3 was because of it's great price relative to it's performance; with excellent residuals. In my opinion, if the M comes in, well optioned @ $70, it's residuals will be on par with the M5, which are not very good. With the higher price tag comes less user miles; IMO. It does seem that when cars get in that price range they become more mileage sensitive relative to resale. If I am going to suffer from a poor resale and keeping the miles low, I'll do it with another Porsche. Amongst the many great things about the E46, was the fact that you could actually put miles on the car without much concern. I don't think that will be the case with the E92 M and it's certainly not the case with a 911. I have owned three different 997's and know first hand that you have to be careful about the miles.

I do not want to offend anyone here. I do love what the M brings to the table, but price, some real roadtests and a chance to actually touch one, may make my choice much easier.

I am fortunate that I can consider paying cash for any of these cars. But, I have to have all the facts before I jump in again. If, my reasoning doesn't make sense to you, that's ok, it's doesn't have to. I will make the right choice for me when the time comes. These are all great cars. It's great to be a car guy.

Sorry, if I rambled.
Great response. Everybody wants value for their money. I slightly disagree with you about mileage though. I have a friend who is very wealthy and he gets a new GT3 every 9-months to 2 yrs. He's sold them with 1500 miles up to 15000 mi. He still gets the stick everytime he trades in or sells. He used to "drive it on saturday and wash it onsunday" trade in time revealed that it might have saved him a little but not as much as he wanted. These days he just uses it as a daily driver.

Love you P-Car guys!

I'd get one too if I could afford the one I want.

maybe someday