01-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #77
redduck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Mineral White ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
And you think Mr. Blow can tell the difference between an M3 and a 335?...just saying

The term "poor man's this or that" is just a ridiculous statement. It would be better to say "those that can't (or elect not to) buy a Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, etc." have great performance car options like a 911, Z06, m3, GT-R, et al. Anybody that can afford a $60K-100K car is far from poor. Having said that, I know plenty of people that have more money than god and elect to drive a Buick. We all know that judging someone's wealth by the car they drive is a worthless exercise.
This thread wasn't intended to discuss about judging anyone's wealth by what they drive. Lets face it, we drive what we drive because of the emotions that a car evokes in us. Who really gives a shit what the next guy thinks about your wealth. We all know that most M3 owners are far from poor. Once again, just a "figure of speech". An M3 is by no means a "super car", but it definitely provides a great driving experience for a great value and practicality for most of us. 80K for an M3 isn't exactly cheap but when you consider prices of 911 Turbo's or GT3's 2009 - 2010 hovering around 100K, isn't as a far reach for super car driving experience as an F-car or Lambo. The real question is, is the M3 that transitional car or are most of us going to continue to buy the next M3, generation after generation. For me, this is my 3rd M3 and it is a transitional car into a Turbo.
Appreciate 0