armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arter View Post
I have the M24 oil cooler on the car and the oil temps never got over 235F.

Thing really works...
(Was hitting 270F+ all the time before)_
I'm going to look into that but it is good to know that the SC doesn't impact the temps as long as you have this M24 oil cooler installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter View Post
Sorry, just learning to use the camera so I didn't have much footage.
I would say that the VT-535 is dropping me by about 3 seconds, just from the timing in the straights. The first time I was at VIR without the supercharger ( in Dec), I was running about 2:22-23 laps. This time, I was down to 2:18- 2:19, but I was really taking it easy in the corners.

Also, there were lots of slower cars around and I didn't want to be running up their tails in the turns ( this was an intermediate class ).

The S/C adds about 10-15 mph to your straight speeds ( hit 160 mph once on the back straight, but decided that 145-150 was just fine).
Really adds something to the balanced M3 design.

I really liked your videos of the Track Daze event. You are a better driver than me. I need to slide it more.
160 mph is very impressive! What kind of brakes do you have on it? Don't put too much weight on my videos, it was definitely not fast to slide all over the place. My goal before the weekend was to dip into the 2:10s and when I saw it wasn't happening due to the heat, I decided to turn it into a car control exercise. Turn 1 has the most run off so I would constantly push the car, getting on the throttle too hard, too early to get the rear end out. That was also the first weekend on track with DSC OFF. So, we're all students to the game.
Appreciate 0