02-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #31
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I don't give a shit what people are saying that there will be a fix and it might be here in March sometime, I feel now that there will never be a fix because the f'ing gearbox will revert back and do what ever it bloody well wants.
I don't think so and I hope this is not going to be the case. I don't know but I remain optimistic that we may not be too far from a proper software update addressing the lag.

PS. I just stepped in home after taking the car from the dealer having installed the very latest software that is out there (don't ask which progman version - I am clueless). It doesn't take more than a few stop & go's in city trafic to conclude that the lag isn't fixed - not by the wildest stretch of imagination. The box feels a bit different (like the clutch is more modulated in low rpm / 1st & 2nd gear) but the lag is there. I am neutral to this update although havent driven long to draw solid conclusions. Anyway, on Monday I am shooting off my extensive email complaining about the lag issue to BMW Europe with cc to BMW Greece.
Appreciate 0