03-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
psuwcc112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Thanks. More subtle is what I want. About .5" sounds perfect. How will these affect performance? Are they as good as OEM? Or does performance and comfort both drop?
I think if you want to play safe then perhaps go with Dinan. Dinan springs with its modified shorter spring guard and bumpstops is the only setup that can keep the stock shock travel without riding on the bumpstop all the time. Some people in the forum believe shorten the stock shock travel with shorter spring can worsen performance, although there has been any track performance comparsion between stock and aftermarket spring to back it up... I went with Eibach because i dont feel like of paying premium on the Dinan spring just to keep the warranty, beside i feel i will never stress the car to the extent that i will feel the performance different. So far, i have been pretty happy with Eibach spring. Both ride comfort and handling feel like stock, perhaps just a slightly stiffer.. In case if your concerning about your significant other..It definitely pass the WIFE/GF test so far

2015 F82 YMB M4 (Feb 28th ED, re-deliveried on Apr 18th) |My 2015 YMB M4 ED Journal
2008 E92 SSII M3 Coupe (Sold) | My long gone 2008 E92 SSII M3
2002 E39 SG 530i (Gone)
Appreciate 0