View Single Post
      10-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #30
EpicE90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 f150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post
I like this thing, I like it a lot. Many BMW fanbois will compare it to well... a BMW. Which isn't fair, why isn't it fair?

1. If you are shopping for a 328i, believe the salesman that the car is the best handling and feeling car ever built and that nothing is greater than German engineering... you probably don't give a shit about facts, what performs better, holds up better or the REAL definition of the word so often thrown around by a badge whore "Quality"...

Quality: does quality mean superior engineering regarding reliability and well built parts? Like... the fuel pumps that BMW hasn't gotten right on the TT I6? Or the cooling issues that have always seemed to have been a huge problem with high performance BMW's? By quality did you mean subframe failures, or was it the window moldings peeling off on a 4 year old car? OH by QUALITY you meant the A/C blows cold in your $70,000 X5 with 60,000 miles or did BMW not find a fix for that one yet?

To me quality is not a word you can use to define something as a whole, but individual attributes such as "BMW's has a quality FEEL"... or "My 335i has quality sound proofing"...

Not BMW has better "quality" than that Ford piece of crap because for needed to be bailed out...

Quality to me is also taking a 20+ year old 5.0L 302ci with 150,000 miles on it, slapping a blower on it, some slicks and running 10's all day long for less than you would pay to repair your VANOS failure in your M3...

I've been to many track events, and I can assure you that the Mustang is a very capable and WELL BUILT performer on the track and off the track.

It may in time, it may be noisy, it may have lots of plastic... but what good is a quality interior when your car goes into limp mode and you're in the emergency lane on the highway because one of those wonderful "SENSORS" got fucked up and shut you down.

People buy Mustangs for the sound, how it makes them feel, and to go fast, look good and for less... The value you will get in one of these new Mustangs is not even closely matched in any way by any new BMW, and it never will be the case. Some people would rather have more go, than show and a LOT of people are perfectly fine with having a plastic interior.

OoOoO THAT SOUND!!!

EXACTLY, my thoughts!!! I just cant implement my thoughts as accurately onto a piece of paper like u can lol.
Appreciate 0