12-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #127
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
are you sure mate?

450 bhp I will be talking to Evolve ,you don't have as many mods as me and without the x pipes I can't believe you have 450 bhp , my car was reading 442.5bhp on Evolves dyno and thats with all my mods although my rear tyres are only 30 series so realistically the car has about 460bhp.

care to comment Evolve ?
Mikey,

The figures are not important. It's what you gain that's important.

That's all we look at and that's all we care about.

Some cars start higher, some cars start lower. They all gain the same from the same modifications.

These dyno's are pretty consistent but start changing tyre diameter and you can pretty much forget about comparing results from one car to another.

Road speed change = dyno confused!

Therefore, rather than wasting our time trying to standardise everything we can have assumed that our customers are intelligent enough to understand how this simple tool (dyno) works. It's a tool to measure the differences achieved in the rpm range with respect changes made to the state of tune of an engine.

If people want to point fingers then please do it on the gains achieved rather than end figures.

We can post up individual graphs with all correction factors before and after to show 100% consistency in the way the cars have been tested.
Please also remember, that Evolve post up, publically, all aspects of how dyno's work and they should and should not be used.
Appreciate 0