03-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nechronics View Post
I was initially planning on buying a pair of GP Thunder 8500k and PIAA H3 Xtreme's - I had read this was the best combination for those two bulbs, though I really have little knowledge if there is anything better out there...still waiting for PIAA H8's to be available it seems.

I'm avoiding the Xenesis Tru Match since Greg seemed to have some problems with them.
About the Xenoflo HID bulbs - are they any better than other HID alternatives?

I have no idea what the advantage of of the "Xenon Halo Upgrade" or "HID Conversions" are - How is using the HID conversion different from just getting a HID bulb in the case of the e92? No clue what kind of bulb the Xenon Halo upgrade is - LED? Would this option give a brighter light than the halogen GP's?
There are only two options for on Bimmian for the H8 replacement, The "Xenon Halo Upgrade", which are LEDs (listed for E90, but not E92), or the "Super White" blue H8 bulbs, which are the ones that didn't fit for me. I don't think I'm dealing with Bimmian again; returning things to Canada is a pain.

I found Hoen bulbs to be good quality on my Mercedes. They have both H3 & H8 for $29.99/pr. here: http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog2.htm.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0