10-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #11
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Well if you spend most time commuting on a freeway and you never stomp on the gas than why do you drive an m3? Some kind of ego thing? Sorry to break it to you but an m3 is no status symbol. I love the car but the worst part about the m3 is it is way to well known as a teenager boy racer car even though the vast majority of owners are much older.

If you want to buy an m3 ti cruise around and never stomp on the gas instead of a nice luxuriosu 5 series than to each his own but you are the one that is not the norm here. How boring, how can you never floor the gas in your car? why own an m3 again I will ask
Ironically, I'm pretty confident I use my M3 more for "what it's built for" more than you do, even though you seem to think I got it for a status symbol.
If I wanted a status symbol, I'd have gotten a Porsche (though I do want a hard top vert...so that probably wouldn't have worked out... actually, not "probably" as I test drove a couple Porsches prior to getting my M3..and they weren't worth losing the hard top for)

Sorry if I don't like going WOT in a 400+hp car while on the street surrounded by idiotic drivers, cops, pedestrians, kids, dogs, pot holes, debris, etc.
Going WOT in 1st gear I will hit the speed limit way before redline.
Waste of tires, gas, along side creating unnecessary (extra) attention
Appreciate 0