View Single Post
      01-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #40
Tim B.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540gone View Post
What I don't understand from the OP is there is no mention of whether he ordered his Evolve tune with the "CEL turned off" option selected or not? With the Challenge street pipe with secondary cat delete, the OE primary cats remain in place and the O2 sensors should operate just fine with no need for that tune option in the first place.

If that is the case, sounds like the issue might be somewhere else - like a bad O2 sensor. If his tune has that option, he should (as Mike suggests) simply ask Evolve for the tune with the CEL delete option not in place.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why it's so critical to get it done on the weekend, it's just an inspection, and there was no mention of the car not running just fine.

I'll be interested so hear the resolution.

UPDATE: When i ordered my tune i didn't "order" it with the "cel turned off", i just stated that i had a Challenge street pipe, with the primary cats still in place........evidentally this gets you the Stage 2 tune with the O2 sensors "off". I got a new tune from Sal/Paul this morning, with them (cats/O2) untouched and just installed it. Everything went well and i didn't get a cel(yet). Still don't know if it's ready to pass inspection. After a few drive cycles, i'll go try again in the next day or two. And i know it's just an inspection, but when things arise like this i get a bit ancy and want them resolved asap You only have 30 days to get it resolved and i didn't know how in depth this would go(software removal, exhaust removal, dealer visit, etc.) I'll update again, when i pass
Appreciate 0