View Single Post
      03-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Weight of options?

Anybody have a good idea on what the various options contribute to the curb weight? I'm sure BMW knows exactly how much each adds, but I doubt this information has been published. For instance, on an E90 I'm wondering how much weight the sunroof, heated/lumbar seats, fold-down rear seats, electronic damping control (or just the Tech package), and enhanced audio add to the car. Those seem like the most likely candidates for porking the car out. Even if it's only 10 pounds here and 20 pounds there, that could add up to a much heavier car.

What I'm getting at is, I would rather order a car with very low options if this stuff adds a lot of weight since it seems like every '08 out there is loaded with options. I don't mind all the extra gadgets but I don't need them and I'd rather have a sharper performing car, but if it's not a big weight penalty then I'll consider one of these leftover '08's I'm seeing.

If there's already a thread on this, by all means just direct me to it if it has the information in it, I searched and didn't find anything.

Thanks