01-25-2008, 02:04 AM   #74
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Upwardly mobile men in the 30's?? Is there a Metrosexual qualifer on these "men"?
Will ignore as you seem to have issues with your sexuality to keep bringing this up.

Quote:
Wanna showcase all the FWD cars that are better / faster than RWD cars? FWD cars are purely done for cost reasons. The best FWD car EVER is the Integra Type R.
The Renault Megane R26 power for power, weight for weight will out handle any rwd production car, the Focus RS was another, the Lotus Elan was another...........trust me you would be surprised by the number that could be on that list.

Quote:
I hit the turtles hard with the Z4M, perhaps you are confusing fast responding chassis with nervous? There is a 2007 Audi A4 Avant on my driveway, it drives like shit...... Next silly assumption you want to make?
You can not look at a family estate car which sole purpose was to ferry it's passengers in as much comfort and safety as possible and regard every other Audi product the same. As for the Z4M Coupe, I know the chassis is very capable I would place it ahead of the E46 M3 but I know a nervous chassis when I see it and on the road it is, simple as that, in fact all of the UK magazines even commented on this as well. Clearly I am not in a minority among knowledgeable people. Audi's skill with their performance cars is to give their drives added confidence in the knowledge that the chassis is capable, this is something that the Z4M Coupe in particular doesn't do, but if you had driven one of a rough road surface you WOULD has known this.

Quote:
I can't beat up on you too much since you are getting a M3 but stop defending Audi.
I am getting an M3 and it purely down to the fact that it has improved it's daily driving manner to a point where I think it's as good as Audi cars are. I also enjoy a rwd chassis, never said I didn't but I will defend a quality product and cars which are enjoyable to drive and the S5, TT, RS4 and R8 are all amazingly good cars to drive and all are different to that of any BMW. It's great that there is so many different types of wonderful driving cars to choose from.

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bone
they make shitty driving cars, period
That is the stupidest statement I have ever heard. The R8 is quite possibly the best handling car recently available, it has won numerous awards as such which is something no BMW has ever done, NONE, ZIP, NOPE, NOTHING. BMW make great driving cars as an entire range but they are not the ultimate driving machine that their adverts would lead us to believe.

Edit.

But they are possibly the closest an entire range of cars has come to such a title.

Last edited by footie; 01-25-2008 at 04:06 AM..
Appreciate 0