View Single Post
      08-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #31
MTurhee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I just got back from my local dealer after getting it inspected. Bad news is that both rear shocks and front thrust arms were replaced in the past and at a minimum both doors as well as the trunk were repainted, and possibly the fenders. Good news is that they said whoever did the work did a very very good job. Both a body shop and the dealer said they didn't see any frame damage from what they could see and the car doesn't track left or right.

Alright now for the legal aspect of it. I called the Arkansas Attorney General's office, who forwarded me to the Arkansas BBB, who then forwarded me to the Arkansas state police department that deals with used car dealer licensing. They said the dealer isn't legally obligated to disclose such information if the car has a clean title because they might not have known. Any respectable dealer would've done an inspection on the car and noticed the body work how can it be proven that they knew about it? Even if they did know, they apparently don't have to disclose to the buyer about such things. Anyone know BMW NA's phone number?
Appreciate 0