View Single Post
      09-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Am I the only one?? BBKs too big for track use...

Folks, I am really starting to get annoyed about the fact that most people - assumption on my part - get a BBK mostly for looks and bling factor, thereby driving Brake makers into coming to market with kits that are simply not usable for the track since they require 19" rims. Fact is that the only R-Compounds available in that size are Hoosiers (don't like them) and PSCs which I don't like since they are neither a good street nor a great track tire + the are too expensive

Am I the only one that would like to see a brake kit with multipiston calipers and a rotorsize that is suitable for 18" track wheels?

I have asked pretty much all brake manufacturers and they all go with a 6 piston caliper and a 380 mm rotor. I am counting on Turner Motorsports or UUC to address this and hope there will be a solution soon.

Last edited by sfbimmer13; 09-25-2008 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0