06-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #3367
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empower3d View Post
FUCK! Found another nail in my tire this morning !!
No insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
When you did it, I have never heard of it before. I have done some research and now am trying it out. SO far not so good. I have had two people tell me they used my link, yet when I go to my deal, it doesn't show any people used my link. WTF
Psh didn't trust me I see...

2 people doesn't do anything

You need 3 people to purchase.

Also, the link needs to be a direct copy and paste, it can't be shortened or a tiny URL (unless the tiny URL is made by the iPhone app and posted on Twitter).

You should email LivingSocial with your friends' email address and mention that they purchased using Credit card with last four XXXX.
But only point of doing so is if you had 3 people, as 2 people doesn't give you any credit.

I buy about 2 or 3 deals every week or so (from Living or Groupon) so I've gotten the hang of it

You can also make a separate account with a different credit card.

Last time I got fandango ones, I did this so I was able to buy 3 deals (6 tickets) and get a 4th (2 tickets) free. Then I sold the tickets for $8 a piece, profited and got to keep the last 2 tickets for myself

I helped my friends save $4.50 per ticket, so they didn't complain. I was going to keep them and use them but they offered to pay so I did it hehe.

I love Groupon and LivingSocial. and I really can't wait until Groupon's IPO, it should be pretty big
But I do think Groupon is stupid for turning down Google's $6 BILLION deal to buy them out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Hope you got the BMW insurance. Ive used it three times already!
I ended up canceling mine on the M3 out of spite cause I felt they ripped me off ($1100+ tax)

So then i used that money after I cancelled it to help me go buy a set of 4 wheels and tires

But I still regret canceling it, I let my stubbornness get to me.
Appreciate 0