05-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #19
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Yup. More proof that they're back. The CTS is a player - and not just this one, either.

I saw the CTS-V at the New York show in a kind of gun metal grey, and damn!, it looked good.

Don't get me wrong, your M3 deserves your love. But you have to admit that Cadillac has come a long way in a fairly short time.

This car looks good, will put up good mileage numbers, and will be really fast in everyday driving - especially with the automatic.

I bet the Caddy comes in at an aggressive price, as well.

What times do you figure the new automatic M3 will put up on the 'Ring while completely stock? 8:07? 8:09?

Gotta hand it to GM. I'm looking for more to come. This has to be good for all of us.

Comparison tests to (inevitably) follow - in which the M3 will do fine.

Bruce
If the automatic is no better than the ZF found in my e92b335i it will be nice, but not in the category of the M-DCT. They put a automatic in it that allows as much control as the M-DCT and produces better times than the manual they will have my attention, a possibly my business.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0