View Single Post
      04-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Thinking about an SRT300

I'm looking to move from my E90 M3 to something with a bit more size and comfort (I just hit 40 so getting old). Looked at the S8 (too expensive), M5 (maintenance nightmare), and S6 (too dull). I dropped by the Chrysler dealer to drive the SRT 300. It was black with the black chrome pack. What a bad ass ride!

Pro:
Swagger for a big car, looks mean in black / black
Size and comfort - I actually FIT in this car. I'm always cramped in my M3 and most of the time fidgeting with the seats to get comfortable.
Sounds fantastic
Price - with my discounts I'm looking at around $45k
American - hey, its cool to be "un cool" sometimes everybody has a bimmer around here
I can drive it for work trips and get reimbursed for the mileage (I rent cars now since I wont put the miles on my M)

Con:
Some rental car bits
Lacks the German interior quality
I love the "M" nostalgia
Resale value?
5 speed auto with no manual option

I'm actually thinking about doing this for a while. Then pick up an M3 coupe a few years from now when I'm bored again.

Honestly, what is holding me back is my wife thinks the SRT is a cheesball ride for old people. Would you buy a car if your wife thinks its not cool?

Anybody else sampled this car?

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0