View Single Post
      06-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Koldun
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Momentum BMW SW - Worst service center ever.

So I just wanted to share my experience with this particular Momentum BMW location. Before I get into the nitty gritty, the service adviser, Phillip, is a pretty cool guy and doesn't really have anything to do with my negative experience. He's not the best SA I've had, as he doesn't go out of his way to take care of you, but he doesn't try to bullshit you either, and I appreciate straight forwardness. The receptionist, Rebecca?, however, is extremely rude and obnoxious.

Anyway, so last Friday I took my car to Momentum SW to swap out the rear tires, which were pretty much shot. They charged me $100 for this (I had brought my own tires), which I thought was a bit steep (since a typical wheel shop could mount a couple of tires for $20), but I figure, this is an M3 and this is BMW, they will do it right so it's worth the premium.

Upon getting the car back, I noticed a couple of things.

1.) They had scuffed my rear bumper, I guess when they took out the new tires. This is not a big deal, and Phillip had them buff it out on the spot. Of course, as soon as the car got dirty, I could see the scratches again, but meh, shit happens and no car can stay flawless forever. I'll get some touch up paint and it should be (almost) good as new.

2.) The center cap on one of the wheels was pretty much hanging off the car. I pointed this out as well, and they took care of it while they were buffing out the bumper. Of course, in the process of forcing the center cap back onto the wheel, they scraped some of the finish off of it, but seeing as the finish is worn in a couple of spots here and there anyway, I didn't make a big deal about this either, since the wheels will have to be refinished at some point soon anyway (the first and last time I let some asshole valet my car, they curbed the wheel ).

3.) My MPG had dropped from the usual ~14 to a mighty 9, and the odometer had about 15 extra miles on it. I guess they decided to do some burn outs with the old tires before they swapped them up, or something. Again, this is an M3 and meant to be driven hard, so I brushed it off.

My forgiving attitude was deflated a tad later that day, when I got an EDC malfunction error and the car started driving like a brick. I called them to see if I can bring the car back, and was informed by Rebecca that essentially I'm shit out of luck because they are full up till Monday. I inquire about a loaner while they investigate the issue, and she suggests I instead rent a car at their in-house Enterprise (which charges about $40 more per day than any other car rental place in town).

Not really liking this option, I decide to make other arrangements and wait till Monday. So they keep the car overnight, and diagnose the problem as a loose connector (whew! glad it was nothing serious). They also inform me they can't fix it under warranty because of my aftermarket springs, and suggest that the installer is the one who was responsible for the loose connection. Of course, this is all a load of horseshit, since the car has been running smooth as butter on those springs for 12,000 miles, and the car only started popping errors after they got their grubby mitts on it. Still, I realize they aren't in the business of giving away stuff for free if they can avoid it, and it was only ~$150, so I say screw it and have them fix it.

But then, just to add insult to injury, when I get my invoice, I see they did not give me a courtesy wash, citing "aftermarket wheels" as the reason. Really? REALLY? For some reason, none of the above really irked me, but this particular bit had me livid and is what prompted this post in the first place.

I'm about to go give the car a wash now, and will inspect the wheels. I fully expect the tire pressure to be too low and the bolts over-torqued all to hell.

In conclusion/TLDR version: Momentum BMW SW does sloppy work, has rude receptionists, and is extremely hostile to anything aftermarket. How they became the official dealership of the Houston M club with that kind of attitude is beyond me. I've been meaning to join said club, but now I'm not so sure if it means having to associate with this dealership in any way, shape or form.
Appreciate 0