07-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab_vr6 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I noticed from an earlier post on the Z4 forum, the Z4 had the satin finished anti-slip pedals, do you have any experience in that and how would u compare the feel and grip of that to your smooth finished gas pedals?
I think satin, brushed or smooth finishes should offer very similar feel for the gas pedal. I've had brushed before (because it matched other things in the interior) but it felt the same to the foot.

By anti-slip you mean the cross-hatch design carved into the surface, right? I don't have any experience with it in the rain - seemed fine in the dry but I'd be most worried in the rain.

My issue with the rubber nubs is that they don't reach all the way to the end of the brake pedal. At the track, in order to heel & toe I often times press the brake pedal towards its edge - which would be metal in this case - so I'm worried that my foot would slip. Which would be a tragedy at 150mph...

That's the reason I left the brake/clutch pedals alone.

Alternatively, you could heel & toe by stepping on the brake pedal sideways at almost 90 degrees, then prodding the gas pedal with the heel - this can be done if you twist your right leg as you brake. I do this sometimes when the braking stakes are high , because this offers the best purchase on the brake pedal... If you got used to doing it like this, then the rubber nubs would never be an issue.

I don't know, it's personal preference obviously...

Quote:
I also wonder on the track, will the upper left extention on the gas pedals get in the way when you brake? I have not broken in my car yet so I cannot try this myself, and looking at your profile pic it seems like you've been to some ED days yourself.

Thanks

Gary
It doesn't for me, even though it definitely reduces the gap between the pedals. I'm a 10W and don't have any problems in daily driving.

If you are worried about it though, you should initially tape it to the pedal (using some double-sided tape) and drive around for a little bit, see how it feels. If it encroaches, simply return the pedal (the guys at Ultimate Pedals are very good about this).

My only regret now is that I didn't order a custom engraving with the ///M symbol.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0