View Single Post
      03-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #11
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

I believe that California has maximum work week hours legislation even though I don't know what that max may be.

On the other hand, working hard to get ahead is part of the programme. I have been working for a while now, and frankly, leaving at 6 is exceptional for me (early). And if I do leave early, I then work from home once I have attended to family. I have not heard many stories of success without hard work (other than winning the lottery or similar Mana from heaven stories).

So I guess there is choice you will have to make-even though you are likely correct in being frustrated. Look at it from your boss's perspective-you are young, good at what you do, and still single AND the company does have work that needs to get done in a context where other co-workers would be torn bcs of familly. If you were that boss who indeed would you choose to fall back on. Perhaps you can use this to your advantage-talk about stock options or salary increase, say that you see his point and are willing to go the extra mile, as long as appropriately compensated. I duno, just writing out loud.
Appreciate 0